Monday, January 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Photo Shoot Preview

Although I was horribly sick all weekend with the nasty cold (and still am at this moment) I was able to do the most anticipated Valentine's Day Shoot I was getting ready for a while.   Being on a budget and finding things cheap are a must for me.  All wardrobe I buy myself as well or try to re-use items over and over again for new costumes/ideas/shoots. 

I made a wonderful headpiece with some items I had or found at the 1.00 store where I live.  I had the ostrich feathers from another project I had done and added them to the headband I also bought at the 1.00 store.  The heart came in a set of 2 I bought there as well and just added the piece on with some good old hot glue and Presto!, automatic head piece.


 I bought a pink corset on Ebay, that is for the Valentine's and also used for the Easter bunny shoot I did (pics to come soon).  Bought the wings super cheap on ebay along with a fake cherub bow/arrow (I am a bargain hunter) and also used some white thigh highs, red gloves, and red, ruffle panties I had already as well.  Added the head piece and some makeup by MUA Nina of the Doll Service and done!  These are just peeks of the behind the scenes photos of the wardrobe for the shoot.





Part of the shoot as well was the famous shot of the girl on the stool with the heard cut-out Valentine she had made.  This was the inspiration and always wanted to do this shot.  (no pics yet to share)

3rd set was a vintage nightie set I was lucky enough to find at AmVets one time.  Combined that with a rug of fabric I had bought at the fabric store and a retro style phone I got on sale at CVS Pharmacy and that takes us to our next scene of the shoot.




Be sure and look for my photos posted to come and also in publications.  I will keep you posted on which ones they are in hopefully soon too!

I did the photo shoot with a wonderful photographer friend of mine who is also a florist and has her own shop where we were able to have space to shoot in.

https://www.facebook.com/SanDiegoFloralDesign

Thank you to Fatima Kelley of Kelley Photography / Belles De Jour Pin Ups and Nina The Doll Service for such a wonderful shoot.

https://www.facebook.com/BellesDeJourPhotography

https://www.facebook.com/thedollservice
Nina Fojas


No comments:

Post a Comment